Tuesday 29 December 2009

Progress not perfectionism

Hi

Well back again just to make sure I can still do what I've just done.  Doing anything for the first time is daunting and a bit of reinforcement won't come amiss. 

Actually I just thought that I had lost the lot but somehow managed to retrieve it.  Is anyone else out there having these problems or is it just me?  Blogging is supposed to be about being easy but nothing is easy if you're new to it.  And I have to remind myself often that it is Progress not Perfection that counts.  Perfectionism is the scourge of happiness and I should know.  How many more of you out there have spoiled any number of moments of potential happiness through insidious Perfectionism that creeps in unwanted all over the place.  Someone once told me that unremitting high standards are not something to be proud of but something to dump at the earliest possible opportunity.  What do you think?

I feel a Happy Verse coming on.



MOUNTAINEERING



If things seem insurmountable, a mountain still to climb,
Remember that we only can take one step at a time,
And the journey, though still daunting, undertaken in this way
May unlikely prove successful as we move through every day.
For it's only when we view something in its entirety
And surrender overwhelmed exclaiming, "That's too much for me,"
That we fail to see that pieces can be broken down to size,
And we could be making progress as we go to our surprise.
So next time that we see a mountain looming into view
Let's not shake our head in horror, say we don't know what to do,
When the mountain can be mounted step by step, until at last
We can look down from the summit at the pieces that we passed.

'Mountaineering' is the entry for July 13 "A String of Pearls".  The Book has an alphabetical index of over a hundred themes covering the gamut of human emotion, and Progress, not Perfection, accounts for 20  references alone.  Clear what I have problems with!  Anyone else have the same problem?

See you soon.

Corinne

Not really mountains I know but still pretty to look at.



No comments:

Post a Comment