Tuesday 29 December 2009

Be Happy

Hi

Well here goes.  First posting, so in at the deep end and see what happens.

Am currently reading "Be Happy" by Robert Holden and thoroughly enjoying it.  Lots of information and practical advice about how to "Be Happy" and according to the blurb the book gives you a front-row seat to his eight-week happiness course.  I haven't learned how to do the links yet or I would do one to his website which is certainly worth a look.  Perhaps tomorrow!  Why wait?  I've just seen the link button so I'll have a go.  Has anyone else read the book or been on the course?  There's an online course just available which looks interesting too.  Has anyone else tried it?

Anyway the main purpose of my blog is a Happy Verse Day, so this one was inspired by what Robert had to say about finding Happiness.



ALREADY HERE


To start the day with gratitude means that we can't go wrong,
A tally of our blessings keeps us counting , keeps us strong,
For it forces us to focus on the good that we receive
And eclipses little misfits we would otherwise perceive.
And so we see beyond the clouds to shafts of sunlight which
Fill with warmth our empty coffers until suddenly we're rich,
And we have no need of coin to purchase pleasure bit by bit
There is happiness on tap if we know where to look for it.
And it starts with an acceptance of the who we really are
Not the ego we've constructed but the shining little star
Who knows everything of happiness and has done since their birth
Then proceeded to forget it every day upon the earth.
But now we can remember for it never went away
It was only our awareness getting dimmer day by day
'Til the moment we were silent long enough to hear a sigh
As our happiness reminded us it always was close by
Wanting only our attention, so that it could reappear
Saying, "You don't need to search for me, for I'm already here."



I hope you enjoyed this.  If you did you might like to look at my book "A String of Pearls", A Yearbook of Daily Inspiration to Soothe the Soul and Rekindle the Spirit".  Let's see if I can do that link.

Anyway just to finish off I'm going to try another Blogger feature and include a picture of me when I was feeling happy.  Just to remind myself of the feeling.  Look forward to hearing from you.

Corinne


No comments:

Post a Comment